Whether you’re looking for a senior living community for yourself or a loved one, it’s important to find one that’s the right fit. No two senior living communities are alike, and knowing what makes each community different is the key to finding the best senior community for you or your loved one.
Asking these 7 questions when researching senior living options can help you find a retirement community that is the best fit for you. When choosing between living options, find a community whose answers to these 7 questions most closely align with your ideal answer.
1. What security measures are in place in the community?
At The Meadows, every senior apartment is equipped with sprinkler systems, fire alarms, and state-of-the-art security systems. You can also choose to store some of your belongings in our secure storage units. We always have staff on-site 24/7 to ensure the safety and security of our residents, including routine wellness checks.
2. What activities and events does the community offer? Are there any off-site events and activities?
With a variety of activities and events every day at The Meadows, there’s something for everyone! Our events and activities are geared towards helping residents stay active and engaged while building relationships and fostering personal growth. We offer a wide range of events and activities that take place at The Meadows, as well as events and activities within the Clarion community.
3. What type of medical care is available for the residents? Is transportation provided for doctor's office visits?
Registered nurses, CNAs, and Certified Medication Managers are all key senior healthcare providers at an assisted living community. Easy access to off-site healthcare is also an important element to consider when choosing between senior living options. The Meadows Senior Living is located directly next to Iowa Speciality Hospital & Clinic to provide comprehensive senior health services for our residents.
4. What amenities does the community offer to its residents?
Important amenities to consider for both assisted living communities and independent living communities are the ones that enable residents to lead healthy, happy, and active lives. Key amenities to look for include:
- Opportunities for exercise
- Provided transportation services
- Healthy dining options
- Apartment and outdoor maintenance services
- Social events and activities
- Outdoor areas and other common areas for residents to enjoy
5. What type of amenities/accommodations does the community offer to the families of residents?
While it’s expected that the family members of senior living residents will visit the community, what does the community do to encourage connections with families? At The Meadows, we help encourage residents to stay connected to their families by:
- Offering family-based events and holiday gatherings
- Having guest rooms available for family members to spend the night
6. What do senior living costs include?
- What is included with the base rent?
- Dining plans, apartment maintenance services, parking spots, etc.
At The Meadows, we strive to offer affordable senior living options with a wide array of amenities included for all of our residents. From personal care, such as assistance with housekeeping tasks, to transportation services for seniors to and from doctor’s appointments, we can take care of as much as you need us to.
7. What type of senior living apartments are offered?
When it comes to senior living apartment options, what does assisted living provide? What does independent living provide?
Ideally, multiple options will be available in terms of size, layout, and apartment features to make it easier for residents to find an apartment that meets their unique needs and preferences. At The Meadows, we offer eight different independent living apartment floor plans and three different assisted living apartment floor plans.
Want to learn more about The Meadows Senior Living Community? Contact us today to schedule a tour!
Already know The Meadows is the perfect fit? Add your name to the waiting list!